What We Do
Certa is a national Awarding Organisation committed to providing a high quality and responsive accreditation service. Regulated by Ofqual, we develop a wide range of credit based qualifications within the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
We are also licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), to approve and certificate Access to Higher Education Diplomas. Our Centres are supported by our extensive continuing professional development programme.
At Certa we aim to give a friendly and effective service to Centres, to meet the needs of learners in all settings. Our staff are committed to excellent customer service and support to our Centres.
Our core objectives
- To promote the development and take-up of credit-based courses and qualifications
- To enhance people’s life and work chances, regenerate communities, and build a successful regional economy
- To reach disadvantaged learners and communities and promote diversity of learning
- To provide members with flexible, high quality accreditation and support services for credit-based learning
- To develop effective links with key agencies and take an active part in formulating learning solutions/strategies.
Certa key services include:
- Developing the curriculum to meet a Centre's needs
- Free and charged for Seminars and Briefings on national and regional developments
- Visiting tutors and trainers in-house to discuss how to implement national qualifications
- Delivering one-to-one support for practitioners and administrators